Wednesday, March 9, 2016

He Calls Us Friends

John 15:15 No longer do I call you servants, for the servant does not know what his master is doing; but I have called you friends, for all that I have heard from my Father I have made known to you.

Before this Jesus called His disciples servants and now they are friends. We should have a relationship with Jesus that isn’t just that of a servant and a master, but that of friends. Friends have a closeness. More than a servant and a master. They know each other, trust each other and tell each other everything. This is the relationship that Jesus wants with us. He doesn’t want us to only look at Him as our master, but also as our friend. Jesus has made known the reasons behind what He is commanding us and he tells us all that He has heard from His Father. I want to have this closeness with Jesus, my savior and the creator of everything. He is saying that he calls us friends. I can have this relationship with Jesus. For a relationship to grow you need to spend time with that person.

Application

Today I will constantly come to the Lord in prayer and I will read my Bible for at least an hour and listen and wait on the Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment