Wednesday, March 9, 2016

Follow Him

John 12:26 If anyone serves me, he must follow me; and where I am, there will my servant be also. If anyone serves me, the Father will honor him.

To be a servant of Christ we must follow him and be his disciple. I want to follow Jesus and be an imitator of Him. He was a servant to all and I want to be the same. If I am a servant of Christ, He will be my master and I will obey him. We should die to ourselves and then we can bear fruit. If we are living for ourselves and our own desires, we can’t bear fruit. Verses 24 and 25 say,
John 12:24 Truly, truly, I say to you, unless a grain of wheat falls into the earth and dies, it remains alone; but if it dies, it bears much fruit.
John 12:25 Whoever loves his life loses it, and whoever hates his life in this world will keep it for eternal life.

When we die to ourselves and live for Christ we gain our lives. We can’t gain eternal life without dying to our self, believing in Christ and living for Him. Jesus is in heaven and if we are servants of Christ we will be with Him in heaven. John 14:3 says,
John 14:3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and will take you to myself, that where I am you may be also.
We will be with Jesus in Heaven and I want the Lord to say to me well done like in Matthew 25:23 “His master said to him, 'Well done, good and faithful servant. You have been faithful over a little; I will set you over much. Enter into the joy of your master.'” Jesus says that what we do to the least of us we do to Him. So I can serve Him by being faithful in the small things and by serving everyone Matthew 25:45 says, “Then he will answer them, saying, 'Truly, I say to you, as you did not do it to one of the least of these, you did not do it to me.'

Again only through Christ can we come to the Father. By being a servant of Christ the Father will honor me. Not by serving myself or even by serving this world, but I serve Jesus. In everything I do I should be serving Jesus and glorifying His name.

Application
I will look for opportunities to serve Christ. I will show his love and glorify is name through my service to Him. I don’t want to get any glory from anything that I do. I want all of the glory to go to Him. Today I will be faithful over the small things that I see and I will do the

No comments:

Post a Comment