Wednesday, March 9, 2016

Walk In The Light

1st John 1:5 This is the message we have heard from him and proclaim to you, that God is light, and in him is no darkness at all.
1st John 1:6 If we say we have fellowship with him while we walk in darkness, we lie and do not practice the truth.
1st John 1:7 But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus his Son cleanses us from all sin.

Dark and light can’t occupy the same space at the same time. This isn’t even possible. Darkness is the absence of light. So since God is light, there can’t even be any darkness in Him. He is perfect and there is no evil in Him. We are lying to ourselves and to the Lord if we are walking in darkness and saying that we are in fellowship with Him. Sin separates us from God. Just like in the garden when Adam and Eve sinned. Before they sinned, they were in fellowship with the Lord and they were walking with Him. It takes one sin to separate us from the Lord. If I am in sin, I can’t be in fellowship with the Lord. If I walk in the light and believe in His Son, I am cleansed of all of my sin. Past, present and future. Jesus’ blood cleanses our sin. When we are walking in the light and not in darkness we are cleaned by the blood of Jesus and then we can have fellowship with one another. I want to be in fellowship with the Lord and now walking in darkness. I want to grow in my relationship with the Lord and be completely filled with His Spirit. I want to be in His word and I want Him to be the center of my life.

Application

Today I will spend at least an hour reading my Bible and praying to grow deeper in my relationship with the Lord. He is my everything and I can’t be in fellowship and grow in my walk with Him if I am not spending time with Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment