Sunday, February 14, 2016

Content In Everything

Philippians 4:11 Not that I am speaking of being in need, for I have learned in whatever situation I am to be content.

Here Paul is explaining to the Philippians that he is content in whatever situation that he is in. In the next two verses he says,
Philippians 4:12 I know how to be brought low, and I know how to abound. In any and every circumstance, I have learned the secret of facing plenty and hunger, abundance and need.
Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through him who strengthens me.

Like Paul is saying here, I want to be able to be content in whatever situation. I want to be content in the Lord in any situation. I want to know how to be brought low and how to abound. Since I can do all things through him who strengthens me, it doesn’t matter what situation I am in. It doesn’t matter if I am poor or rich. God is the one who gives me strength and I can be content where he has me. This verse doesn’t say I am content when I am abounding or everything in life is going great. It says, “for I have learned in whatever situation I am to be content.” The part of this that says, “I have learned” tells me that it wasn’t something that just happened or came naturally, but through trials and different circumstances he learned how to be content.

Application

Today I will pray that God would teach me how to be content in any situation.

No comments:

Post a Comment