Sunday, February 7, 2016

The Lord Is At My Right Hand

Psalm 16:8 I have set the LORD always before me; because he is at my right hand, I shall not be shaken.

“I have set the LORD always before me” I want to be in the presence of God at all times. I want to be in His presence during the day as I am living my life and during the night and as well as when I am by myself. I want Him to be at my right hand. This phrase brings to mind what a right hand man is. For me this would be someone I would come to for wisdom, guidance, protection, and they would be my friend and I would be close to them. I would trust this person with my life. They would be my best friend the person I would look to when in trouble and the person that I would most enjoy being around. I want the LORD, the creator of everything, to be at my right hand. With the Lord at my right hand I will not be shaken.
Psalm 23:4 says “Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me.”
I will fear no evil because God is with me and because he is at my right hand I will not be shaken. Philippians 4:7 says, “And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.” God gives us peace even through trials or hard times. This peace surpasses all understanding, because it is from God. His peace will guard my heart and my mind in Christ.

Application
Today I will pray for 30 minutes in the morning and 30 minutes before I go to sleep and continually coming to the Lord throughout the day.


No comments:

Post a Comment