Sunday, February 14, 2016

Godliness with Contentment Is Great Gain

1st Timothy 6:6-8

1st Timothy 6:6 But godliness with contentment is great gain,
1st Timothy 6:7 for we brought nothing into the world, and we cannot take anything out of the world.
1st Timothy 6:8 But if we have food and clothing, with these we will be content.

True godliness with contentment is better than anything that money can buy or anything in this world. Godliness here means true Christianity. We possess nothing when we come into this world and we can’t take any of our worldly possessions with us when we die. Food and clothing are the main things that we need to live and we should be content with these simple things. We shouldn’t strive to be rich or have a lot and not be content until we are, but we should be content where the Lord has us. I want to be content where God has me. Not always wanting something more or something else that I don’t have. God gives me everything that I need and I want to be content in this. Being content in God alone is great gain.

Application

Today at our meals I will not take seconds because I want to be content with what I need. I don’t need more food so I won’t take it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment