Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Teach Me To Number My Days

Psalms 90:12 So teach us to number our days that we may get a heart of wisdom.

We have a limited amount of time on this earth. “So teach us to number our days” Psalm 39:4 says "O LORD, make me know my end and what is the measure of my days; let me know how fleeting I am!” Without God my life is just useless toil. I want to make my life count towards the kingdom of God and I want to be the vessel that the Lord uses. I don't want to waste my life. I want to number my days and make each day count. Our lives are fleeting and we should be used by God through our lives. Since we know that are lives are fleeting we should act wisely. Not earthly wisdom, but Godly wisdom. With the goal of my end (heaven) in mind I should be living a life that looks different from the world. Not living for myself, but living in a way that I am impacting the world for the kingdom of God. This can be in everything that I'm doing Colossians 3:23 says “Whatever you do, work heartily, as for the Lord and not for men,” Having this verse in mind will change the way that I act when given a task I don't want to do or just in everything that I am doing. I can have a heart of wisdom from fearing the Lord, numbering my days, living with simplicity and godly sincerity.

Application
In everything that I do whether it is washing dishes, sweeping or even sharing the gospel I should to it to the Lord not to man. I shouldn't be looking to man for approval or to impress anyone. With my days numbered I will live for the kingdom and not for this world or for myself.


No comments:

Post a Comment