Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Obedience Through Suffering

Hebrews 5:8 Although he was a son, he learned obedience through what he suffered.

“Although he was a son,” This is talking about Jesus and Jesus is the Son of God. He was God’s only son and God sent Jesus into this world to die for our sins and be the sacrifice or propitiation, which means the perfect payment, for our sins. He suffered death on a cross and he was obedient to the Father all the way to death. Not only did Jesus suffer the death of the cross but he also suffered beatings and hardships of the world. Philippians 2:8 says, “And being found in human form, he humbled himself by becoming obedient to the point of death, even death on a cross.”
“he learned obedience through what he suffered.” Jesus learned obedience through what he was going through. Jesus was perfect and did not sin so he was always obedient to the Father’s will. He learned this obedience through what he suffered though. Jesus didn’t want to die on the cross he asked the Father to take the cup from him, but he was still obedient to the Father’s will. In my life it usually takes trials for me to learn something. I am a stubborn person so when I go through trials or I suffer I usually learn obedience through it.

Application

Today I will pray that God would continue to show me His will and that I would be obedient to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment