Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Satisfied In You

Psalm 17:15 As for me, I shall behold your face in righteousness; when I awake, I shall be satisfied with your likeness.

“As for me” David is making a contrast from what he was just saying about the wicked man in the verses before. He is saying unlike them, “I shall behold your face in righteousness.” Matthew 5:8 says, "Blessed are the pure in heart, for they shall see God.” We are only righteous through Christ and His sacrifice for us. So we can behold the face of God because of the righteousness we have through Christ. “When I awake, I shall be satisfied with your likeness.” Thinking of death as going to sleep as it is seen in Acts 7:59-60,
Acts 7:59 And as they were stoning Stephen, he called out, "Lord Jesus, receive my spirit."
Acts 7:60 And falling to his knees he cried out with a loud voice, "Lord, do not hold this sin against them." And when he had said this, he fell asleep.
 This is talking about the first martyr of Jesus Christ, Stephen. He was stoned to death and it says that he fell asleep. This is for him dying. So awaking from death I will be satisfied with God’s likeness. I will be in heaven with the Lord and I will truly be satisfied.
1st John 3:2 says, “Beloved, we are God's children now, and what we will be has not yet appeared; but we know that when he appears we shall be like him, because we shall see him as he is.”

I don’t have to wait until I am in heaven to be satisfied in the Lord though. I can always be satisfied and content in Him. Whenever I awake, so every morning I want to be satisfied in the Lord. He is an amazing God and he is so worthy of my praise and worship. He created everything. We can’t even fathom how big and how amazing our God is. He wants to have a relationship with me so He sent His only son to this world to save me… Me? A sinner who is completely unworthy of the free gift that God has given me. Yes, God came to this world to save me. Why wouldn’t I be satisfied in this amazing God who loves me more than I can even imagine. 

No comments:

Post a Comment