Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Free From All, So Now Serve

1st Corinthians 9:19 For though I am free from all, I have made myself a servant to all, that I might win more of them.

In Christ we are free from the law. We have grace and forgiveness from our sins, but that doesn’t mean we should just sin as much as we want to. Since we are now under the law of Christ we are saved by grace not by what we do, but also since we are saved we shouldn’t want to sin. We are free from the chains of sin and Jesus has set us free from the bondage that comes from a life of sin. Yes, we are still going to sin, but we shouldn’t want to sin, because we are forgiven. I want to glorify God in everything that I do. I don’t want to just sin, because I can. I want to die to myself and my desires and become a servant to all. Firstly, I want to serve God in everything that I do and do everything unto the Lord. I also want to serve everyone I am with. I don’t want to be focused on myself, but I want to first be worried about other’s needs. I can be a witness to others by sharing the love of Christ through my actions. If I am only worried about my own needs, I am not living a life that shows the love of Jesus. By sharing the love of Jesus through my actions I hope to bring people to Jesus and I hope that they would see the love that Jesus has for us all. John 13:1 says,
John 13:1 Now before the Feast of the Passover, when Jesus knew that his hour had come to depart out of this world to the Father, having loved his own who were in the world, he loved them to the end.

Jesus washes the disciple’s feet and he is serving them and showing the love that he has for them. I want to be like Jesus and love until the end and be a servant of all.

Application

Today I will be a servant and die to myself. So today at all of the meals I will pick up plates from people. 

No comments:

Post a Comment